Botox®, Dysport®, Xeomin®, Jeuveau®
Temporarily reducing or eliminating fine lines and wrinkles, the cosmetic form of botulinum toxin is a sought-after injectable around the world.
What is botulinum toxin type A?
Botulinum toxin is a purified substance derived from bacteria that, when injected in cosmetic form, blocks the nerve signals to the muscle. If the muscle doesn’t receive a signal, it’s not able to contract, which results in a temporary reduction in the appearance of facial fine lines and wrinkles.
Commonly known types of botulinum toxin type A injections include Botox®, Dysport®, Xeomin®, and Jeuveau®. The use of Botox® has been approved by the FDA for use on frown lines and crow's feet while Dysport® and
Xeomin® are approved for use on frown lines.
Botulinum toxin can be used to:
- Smooth fine facial lines, such as frown lines, lip lines, and bunny lines, as well
as crow’s feet and forehead furrows
- Reduce thick bands in the neck
- Soften a square jawline
- Raise the corners of the mouth
- Reduce the appearance of skin dimpling
- Improve the appearance of gummy smiles